Driver Education (June)
with Duane Marquis
Students must be at least 15 years old by the first class meeting.
Payment plan is available - $200 upon registration with balance due by the last class. Use PROMO CODE: DRIVER to take advantage of payment plan. Balance will be billed.
A driver's education course teaches prospective drivers about road rules, regulations, and road awareness. If you’re a new teen driver, the Maine Department of the Secretary of State (SOS) Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) requires you successfully complete a Driver’s Ed course as part of the graduated driver license (GDL) program.
Your Driver’s Ed course will cover topics including:
- Maine road signs and traffic laws.
- How to be a safe and responsible driver, including safety for motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
- The effects of alcohol and drugs on your driving ability and the consequences of drug/alcohol violations.
- Safe driving techniques.
- Positive driving attitudes and behaviors.
NOTE: Birth Certificate, Social Security Number, and parent signature on application must be provided.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: MAY 28, 2015
Genealogy Resources at the Maine State Library
with Emily Schroeder
During this session, participants will learn about the genealogical collection at the Maine State Library: genealogies; state, county, town, and vital records or Maine and other New England states; Canadian resources; collection of family charts and maps; and databases. A brief overview will be followed by a tour of our website, highlighting our access to Ancestry.com Library Edition and HeritageQuest. Also noted will be our classes, on-site workshops, bi-monthly genealogy newsletter, and the recent formation of a genealogy club. This information should prove useful when referring patrons seeking genealogical materials and guidance.
Online Classes at ed2go
Lawrence Adult Education
Online Learning with ed2go!
Convenient, Affordable, and Effective
Take ed2go courses from the comfort of your home or office at the times that are most convenient for you. We offer you hundreds of engaging online courses for adults, covering every topic from Anatomy to Web Design. Each ed2go course comes equipped with a patient and caring instructor, lively discussions with your fellow students, and plenty of practical information that you can put to immediate use. For more information visit:
- New sections of every course begin: May 13, June 17, July 15, August 12
- Requirements: Internet Access, E-mail, Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer (Some courses may have additional requirements.
- Visit the Online Instruction Center for more information.)Enroll online at www.ed2go.com/sad49
- Most courses start at $99!