Filter by Subcategory
Business & Skills Training
21st Century Workforce Initiative Youth Paid Work Experience Program - Informational Meeting - Session 2
21st Century Workforce Initiative Youth Paid Work Experience Program For Youth (16-24) No Longer Attending the K-12 System The 21st Century Workforce Initiative is a 10-week, paid work experience program being offered through the Department of Health and Human Services in partnership with Lawrence and Skowhegan Adult Education Programs and the Skowhegan Career Center.
Successful candidates will work 20 hours per week with a local employer at $10 per hour, after taking part in no-cost, individualized education and/or mentoring. Participants will be matched with local employers based on individual career interest assessment results.
This is a paid work experience program. You will be paid $10/hour for 20 hours per week for all 10 weeks, if you are eligible.
Please preregister for Informational Meeting by calling 453-4200, ext. 3114 (Fairfield) or 474-7553 (Skowhegan).
Informational Meeting (Mandatory) Tuesday, April 3, 2018 (Snow Date April 4) at 10AM at Lawrence Adult Education
Intake/Assessment (Mandatory) Monday, April 10, 2018 (Snow Date April 11) at 1pm-4pm at the KVCC Hinckley Campus (Averill Hall, Room TBA)
Classes Monday April 23 through Friday, May 11, 2018 from 3:30pm to 7:30pm at KVCC Hinckley Campus – Averill Hall, Room TBA
Work Experience Monday, May 14 through Friday, June 29, 2018 - Locations and Schedules to be determined
You will be expected to:
1. Complete required paperwork and career assessments.
2. To be eligible for this program requires that you have a valid photo ID, and be a U.S. citizen, or have paperwork proving that you are in the country legally.
3. Pass a drug test and/or background check, if the employer requires it.
4. Participate fully all 10 weeks of the program, for 20 hours per week.
5. Meet with the Career Adviser at least once per week during the entire 10 weeks.
6. Complete the post survey and 6-month follow-up survey.
FMI: Fairfield - 453-4200, ext. 3115 | Skowhegan – 474-7553
The funding for this program is provided by the Department of Health and Human Services.